Dimensional Control (DC)
Utilising sound survey practices together with our in-house developed suite of mathematical survey software, STSB can guarantee sub millimetre accuracy to ensure a first time fit of all build components.
The fabrication of offshore assets, such as manifolds, well trees, jacket sections, pipeline jumpers and closing spools, requires strict adherence to design tolerances. The DC surveyor uses the latest high accuracy total stations to measure distinct elements of the asset throughout fabrication.
Most typical application: Pipe spool fabrication
1. Fabricators rely on AFC drawing to construct spools. Existing bolt rotation errors or face of flange errors can make manual fabrication process tough and impossible. DC will ensure that every detail related to dimensional can be captured and detect at the early stage of the fabrication process. We can mitigate those errors. All spools can be fit at the first time during installation.
2. Manage to give sub mm accuracy (piping errors, i.e. bolt rotation and face of flange)
- Provide a high quality, cost effective service
- Enhance design and improve constructability
- Mitigate the risk of costly re-work and project growth
- Eliminate clashes
- Provide savings to your project to both costs and schedule
- Eliminate re-work
- Reduce installation times
- Minimise shutdown durations
- No surprises
- No retrospective engineering
- Reductions to construction schedule and costs
- Zero growth and re-work
- Maximise working efficiency
- Minimise offshore welding and testing
- Early project completion
- Risk mitigation